Accounting & Payroll Administrator
Accounting & Payroll Administrator, Corporate Office
Great Performances, NYC's premier catering and hospitality firm, is seeking an energetic individual to join our accounting department. This position will focus on our multi-unit payroll and accounting functions, along with accounts payable and project management initiatives
The ideal candidate must be able to successfully interact with varying levels of employees and be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
• Process complex payrolls for multi-unit departments and positions
• Generate payroll reports to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Work with Senior Management in the preparation of financial reporting to include weekly and monthly P&L’s
• Understand how to communicate and explain financial results to department heads and managers
• Analyze variances to budgets and provide feedback to help improve future financial results
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
• Liaising with Department managers to provide accounting support
• Research new accounting systems to advance the efficiency of the company’s financials
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets & forecasts analysis on a monthly basis, financial analysis and accurate modeling to produce strategic financial planning for on-going and new initiatives
• Reconcile weekly, quarterly wages and tax reports, integrating POS and time systems
• Conduct audits to ensure employee year to date and Quarter to Date earnings and withholding
• Reconcile to quarterly returns filed and tax liabilities/deposits for current quarter.
· Solid working knowledge of Great Plains/Dynamics
· Knowledge of integrating software in the accounting systems
· A strong analytic background with the ability to parse data so it’s more useful and actionable
· Multi-unit experience, preferably in the hospitality industry
· Degree in Accounting
· 5+ years senior level accounting experience
· Knowledge of all accounting functions to provide back up support as needed
• Experience in processing high volume & complex payrolls which includes many locations and business types.
• Experience with Time and Attendance systems.
• Ability to successfully interact with varying levels of employees, while working efficiently and feeling comfortable in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Proficiency in Excel and accounting software.
• Project management experience is a strong plus.
• Good oral and written communication skills are required.
Paid Sick Time
Medical and Dental
Transit and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting and Payroll Administrator” in the subject line.