GP Warehouse - Hudson Square, New York, NY
We are a catering and event planning company founded on a collaborative commitment to service, innovation, and quality.
If you share these values, and are passionate about food, service and a synergistic working environment, you are invited to apply for an exceptional opportunity as a Driver in our Warehouse department. We are looking for a dependable, enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a great attitude.
Responsibilities include driving company's straight box trucks or vans, assisting in the packing of supplies and equipment for delivery to event sites and venues, reviewing paperwork to correspond with all items associated with delivery, loading and unloading of vehicles and maintenance of company vehicles.
• Must possess a valid driver's license. CDL preferred, but not required
• Minimum 2 years prior NYC driving experience (85% of driving will be in Manhattan)
• Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs. and take direction accordingly
• Pack-out party(s) in the warehouse for future deliveries
• Creates "short list" which consists of items missing from a party's pack-out (if necessary)
• Assists in loading company vehicle with pack-out and all other items for delivery
• Assists in breaking down product returning from venues / parties: separate proofers from dirty equipment, perishable food and returned beverages
• Ensures that packed load is secure and ready for transport
• Maintains the cleanliness of company vehicles, warehouse and loading dock spaces. Clean racks, throw away trash, sweep, and remove empty boxes, etc.
• Informs Supervisor or Manager of any discrepancies found on event paperwork
• Be a team player with a positive attitude
• You must be flexible to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
• Driver Medical Certification a plus
• Familiarity with NYC roadways
• Has high performance expectations and willingly owns results. Demonstrates a commitment to goals, a "can do" attitude and approach to problems, and persistence in the face of adversity
• Demonstrates a courteous, respectful and helpful demeanor towards clients, event guests, representatives of event venues/building staff and Great Performances co-workers
• Seeks and welcomes feedback. Takes action to enhance performance based on experiences and coaching. Admits and learns from mistakes
• Conforms with and abides by all Company and department policies and procedures
• Ability to lift approximately 50 lbs.
You must be able to provide documentation that you are legally eligible to work in the United States.
Please submit your resume with "Driver" in the subject line to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.