Multiple Locations - New York, NY
Great Performances, NYC's premiere event and catering company seeks an accomplished Event Chef. The Event Chef will be responsible for the execution of off-premise events. This includes on site management of freelance culinary team to ensure we provide our clients and guests with the highest quality product, executed with attention to detail and timeliness.
- Execute high volume events as the Party Chef, following the event SOP
- Manage a variety of employees including chefs, cooks, line staff, porters/dishwashers.
- Work with sales team to review event culinary logistics
- Communicate with kitchen regarding event production to ensure product consistency
- Develop relationship with service director and FOH
- Follow through of chef reports, ending inventory systems and food rescue
- 3 to 5 years' in Sous Chef position or higher, in quality high volume off premises catering/banquet establishment
- Successful completion of accredited culinary training program, Associates Degree or higher from an accredited culinary school or apprenticeship program
- Food Handlers Certification
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational abilities
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Knowledge of basic food/event planning interest
- Ability to perform administrative skills
Must be willing to work weekends and evenings as needed. Must be comfortable with changing work schedules.
Please fill out the online application to apply- https://form.jotform.us/70446371753155
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Great Performances, NYC's premier food service and events company, is a dynamic and influential leader in the food and events industry and is known for its dedication to social responsibility and sustainability. We are the exclusive caterer to many high-profile NYC institutions including, The Plaza Hotel, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Apollo Theater, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Academy of Music, and Wave Hill. We operate more than 10 restaurants, cafes and food trucks; produce thousands of events in more than 100 venues across NYC; and support numerous festivals and special events including the New York City Wine and Food Festival and the Miami Open Tennis tournament. Great Performances is the first catering company to own and operate its own organic farm--Katchkie Farm, in Kinderhook, NY. Learn more at: greatperformances.com