Production Cooks - Immediate Hire
Production Kitchen - Hudson Square, New York, NY
IMMEDIATE HIRE FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
We are a catering and event planning company founded on a collaborative commitment to service, innovation, and quality.
If you share these values, and are passionate about food, service and a synergistic working environment, you are invited to apply! We are looking for Production Cooks all skill levels for our production kitchen based in SoHo.
Weekend days may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• 1-2 years cooking experience
• Working knowledge of knife skills
• Prep and Cook food while maintaining food safety standards
• Follow the Department of Health standards and guidelines
• Maintain the cleanliness of the prep area throughout the shift
• Be able to work in a team environment and take direction
• Communicate effectively with all team members
• Respect for fellow employees, including management and vendors
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Stand, reach and bend throughout shift
• Responsible, dependable and punctual
• Competitive Pay
• Vacation Pay
• Paid Sick Days
• Direct Deposit
• Medical and Dental Benefits
• Transit Card and Flexible Spending
• Opportunities for Advancement
Must be able to understand and speak English.
You must be able to provide valid documentation that you can work in the U.S.
We are an Equal Employment Employer.
To apply, please send your resume to Robert.Valencia@GreatPerformances.com with "Cook" in the subject line.
About Great Performances
Great Performances, NYC's premier food service and events company, is a dynamic and influential leader in the food and events industry and is known for its dedication to social responsibility and sustainability. We are the exclusive caterer to many high-profile NYC institutions including, The Plaza Hotel, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Apollo Theater, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Academy of Music, and Wave Hill. We operate more than 10 restaurants, cafes and food trucks; produce thousands of events in more than 100 venues across NYC; and support numerous festivals and special events including the New York City Wine and Food Festival and the Miami Open Tennis tournament. Great Performances is the first catering company to own and operate its own organic farm--Katchkie Farm, in Kinderhook, NY. Learn more at: greatperformances.com